Saturday, March 27, 2010

Plan to have yet another garage sale this summer!! I vowed after the last one that it was indeed the LAST ONE, but alas, I need to do it again. That's one of the downsides of a small house. No place to store stuff. But then again, maybe it's a blessing. Some of the items were my moms, but way too much is mine. I can't even blame Don for the excess. The up side is that it will net us a few coins, BUT the problem lies in where to put things until the actual event. Once it is over I'm sure I will breathe a big sigh of relief and feel so light and carefree with the much needed purged. Makes me think of other types of clutter and excesses we have in our lives. If God were to hold a big garage sale on those things wonder what he would get rid of? And since God is involved in keeping the universe and beyond intact, maybe we could look things over and rid our lives of things that hinder so there's more room for Him. (Don't have a garage sale on that stuff, if it's cluttering up you life and taking up God room, it just needs to be trashed.)

1 comment:

  1. I have found our small space a blessing and a challenge, too. And once you fling the life stuff getting in God's way, make sure you don't drag it back from the trash. I find myself doing that...

    ReplyDelete