Monday, March 15, 2010

On the 17th. a lady is coming to do a deep cleaning of my bathroom and also my hardwood floors. My joints do not favor my getting on my hands and knees anymore so Don said to get this much done on a regular basis. Thanks hubby, you're the best. BUT, here's the funny part. I'm busy cleaning so it won't be dirty when she gets here. And where's the sense in that? I've already acknowledged that things need cleaning, hired and scheduled the cleaner and now I'm trying to do her job. Makes me think of issues of sin in our lives. Some have gotten out of hand, but what we need to do is acknowledge them (ask for forgiveness) and let the Master cleaner cleanse us from all unrighteousness.. Just putting on a smiley face, or trying harder next time is like me trying to do the cleaning lady's job for her. She is soo much more equipped than I to do this job, just as the Holy Spirit in us is able to cleanse us from the inside out. So much better than our self help efforts. To me what is even sadder than the fact that we sin daily is when we don't cry out for help and receive cleansing. Best to keep a short list with God. It truly lifts your spirit and put a song in you're heart.

1 comment:

  1. Makes me think of issues of sin in our lives. Some have gotten out of hand, but what we need to do is acknowledge them (ask for forgiveness) and let the Master cleaner cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I LOVE this wording. Thank you for the reminder that it's that simple to deal with sin.

    ReplyDelete