Saturday, April 3, 2010

When my children were little I so enjoyed the fun of Easter. Coloring eggs, hiding baskets, watching their eyes sparkle as they donned their new duds and we went off to church.
There we were confronted with the facts of Easter. The fun was set aside as we pondered:
In the act of death He absorbs our sins. In love, He forgives our failures. In the act of the resurrection He gives the assurance of forgiveness, the affirmation of eternal life.
Easter is a reminder to us of the magnitude of God's love for man. Don't get so wrapped up chasing the Easter bunny, that you miss the meaning of Easter.

1 comment:

  1. Amen... Before I read this I was feeling a little bad (ok like bad parents):-) that Rick and I didn't buy the boys Easter baskets of presents and lots of candy or buy brand new clothes, instead just a simple egg hunt, but now I feel glad that we kept it simple and left the day to be what it is- a day of life restored. Love you Diane and thanks for your words. Give Don a big hug for us. We missed him today. Love you both lots!

    ReplyDelete