Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Monday I spent 5 hrs. at Emmanuel Children's Hospital in Portland while my Pastor's daughter, Bella had surgery to repair a hole in her heart. Tuesday I went with my husband Don to OHSU to have the device that regulates his brain action evaluated. Reflecting on both trips I was awed by the technology we as Americans have available to help us with heath issues. As Zach explained the workings of the "patch" they placed in Bella's heart all I could do was praise God for the creativity he inspired in someone to even imagine such a thing, let alone the combined efforts of many who developed it. Then the Dr. who checked Don's device was telling us of an even better battery pack that's out and being used now. His was implanted last August and there is already something better. He could possible have his replaced for an updated model in about 2 years when this one would need it's battery replaced. It's a day surgery procedure, in and out. Once again I was overwhelmed with gratitude to God for HIS miraculous provisions. If Jesus were to walk in a room and heal Bella's heart, or regulate Don's brain to give him victory over a disease we'd be shouting praise and telling everyone. And for me, God working through medical means demands the same exuberant praise. THANK YOU LORD!

2 comments: