Tuesday, May 18, 2010

This past week-end I had a very,VERY, successful yard sale. We had a lot of stuff left over after mom went home to heaven, plus stuff we needed to purge from our small abode. Garage sales are work and what you earn is your reward for all that hard effort. On of the items mom left behind was a metal storage box that was filled with soap, scented candles, rollers for giving a perm, in short, things I wouldn't want or need. So imagine my surprise, correct that, SHOCK, the day I began laying those items out and pricing them, and in the very bottom of the box were envelopes. Envelopes with $2400 inside! My sisters and I are each $800 richer, because I dug to the bottom of the box I was sure contained nothing I'd want, WOW!
Sometimes we can view God's word the way I did that box. We open to a passage we've read before and figure, oh I know what's here, so we skip lightly over it maybe missing a treasure He wants to reveal to us now, that didn't apply before. Dig deep in the word of God. You never know what you'll find to enrich you soul and your spirit. And it's value is priceless!

1 comment:

  1. Good reminder. I some days struggle not to skim because I've read that Scripture repeatedly and "know" it.

    ReplyDelete